This is a simple body prayer using the Psalm: “Be still and know that I am God.” It uses the movements known as “The Six Gestures of Prayer.” It is repeated three times in group prayer, but an unlimited number of times when used individually.
The six gestures are:
- Gathering and Beginning: Prayer Position of Hands Folded: I am here—in openness, sincerity, authenticity, and purity of heart.
- Bow: BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD
- Opening with hands extended toward the sky: BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM
- Bringing hands together over the heart: BE STILL AND KNOW
- Turning from one side to another arms outstretched: BE (turn right) STILL (turn left)
- Grounding…placing our hands facedown at our sides, toward the earth: BE