This eCourse includes over 40 sessions filmed live during a five-day Imaginal Wisdom School with Cynthia Bourgeault at the Valle Crucis Conference Center in North Carolina August 16-21, 2020. The Course materials have been formatted and organized for easy access and use in an eCourse format, while carefully preserving the daily rhythm and structure of the live event. The materials have been designed to empower and equip you with everything you need to reproduce the Wisdom School learning experience in your own setting and circumstances. And when you enroll in this eCourse you’ll be joining a vibrant community of committed students as you experience the profound and practical nature of these teachings.
About the Imaginal Wisdom School eCourse
In this unique online learning opportunity, Cynthia Bourgeault illuminates the particular qualities and gifts of the Imaginal realm as an accessible world just beyond our own, and available to us for spiritual nurturance and exchange. Furthermore, as Cynthia emphatically states, “we are counted on for our uniquely human contribution to this exchange—a role contemporary humans have tragically lost sight of.” Drawing from her groundbreaking book EYE OF THE HEART: A Spiritual Journey into the Imaginal Realm, Cynthia outlines a cosmic map of nested worlds within a great multi-dimensional web. She provides key principles and practices for expanding our awareness and grounding our collective reality in this expansive perspective. Once attuned and opened to this understanding, we gain greater clarity for approaching both the challenges of our times, and for receiving the real and gracious assistance available to us all. This course material was filmed at a small in-person Wisdom School at Valle Crucis retreat center in August 2020, which also included 100+ virtual students participating via Zoom. No prior experience with Cynthia’s Wisdom Schools is required. The course will be greatly enhanced if you have a copy of her book Eye of the Heart to accompany the video teachings. Important to note: This eCourse has been created as an on-demand course, to use at your own pace and setting. You can refer to our ‘Getting Started’ session for some helpful tips and suggestions for engaging with the course content. Participants will receive unlimited access for one year to all course materials and resources including:
- Course Videos & Audio (MP3) Recordings – Includes 43 teaching sessions with over 25 hours of content following the precise order and flow as the live Wisdom School event.
- Additional Content – We have included references and supplemental content that supports the teaching sessions.
- Private Facebook group for Imaginal Wisdom School participants. This closed group will provide a space for reflection and conversation, prompted by selected quotes and questions related to the course content.
- Monthly hosted Zoom gatherings for course participants. You will be invited to join with others working with the course content, to share your experience and deepen your understanding.
- Cultivate an understanding and attentiveness to the Imaginal realm as an accessible dimension within a cosmic map of the worlds.
- Practice the mostly lost art of imaginal exchange—i.e., the giving and receiving of spiritual nurturance for personal and planetary help and healing.
- Understand how our human contribution is specific and obligatory, and how making that contribution brings greater equilibrium both inwardly and outwardly.
- Build an embodied receptivity to the energies and gifts of the Imaginal.
- Engage in Imaginal exchange to cultivate foundational “fruits of the spirit.”
APPROACH AND STRUCTURE
Students will have 24/7 access to 43 video sessions and downloadable audio, that follow the outline and rhythm of an on-the-ground Wisdom School. The course content includes:
- An introduction to some foundational practices as outlined in Gurdjieff: Mysticism, Contemplation, and Exercises by Joseph Azize that support Imaginal exchange and causality.
- Daily contemplative and embodiment practices.
- Teaching sessions by Cynthia outlining key concepts and principles of the Imaginal realm, and how we can attune to the gifts and support it avails to us.
- Daily inner work practices.
- Recorded questions and answer sessions with Cynthia.
“Wisdom Schools are a format for integral learning that’s based in some of the deepest roots for transformation and change in the Christian tradition. Wisdom schools are about awakening the yearning for a different kind of presence in the world and then developing the skills and the knowledge base to apply that, to transform your own life and the life of people around you.” — Cynthia Bourgeault, Principal Teacher
Whether you plan to use the eCourse materials for self-paced study on your own, or arrange to participate within a self-organized group, we’re certain you’ll find this a valuable, gratifying, and transformative process. PRICE: $137 for Single-user access We ask that you do not share your sign-in information with others; we have priced the course as affordably as we can (a percentage of every sale goes directly to Cynthia to support her in her ministry). Please don’t use these materials with groups of any size without group registration. To ask about financial assistance and group registration arrangements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.