Beginning with Centering Prayer
In this short teaching, Cynthia Bourgeault offers a brief introduction to Centering Prayer including key concepts and a five-minute sit. Whether you are a newcomer to the practice or looking for a refresher, this video will provide a helpful overview as you get ready to begin.
- Releasing a thought; how to simply ‘let it go’
- Identifying what is a ‘thought’ in centering prayer
- Exploring attention versus intention
- Encountering common challenges (or practice opportunities)
- Consenting to the presence and action of God
- Using a sacred word to symbolize your intention
This resource was recorded by Marcella Kraybill-Greggo at Moravian College during an intensive winter weekend of practice in 2021.